How are we today? I know it’s Monday and it can be a tough one to get motivated for so I thought I’d let you know how I try to make the most of this day.
So these are the things I do to get organised:-
- Firstly I have to prep on Sunday night and this is not just for work but in all aspects of my life.
- I need to have my son’s school gear ready and get him to make sure his bag is ready to go in the morning.
- My own fitness gear has to be out the night before and that’s pretty much every night of the week. This means I don’t lose time faffing around deciding should I wear these leggings with this top, or I feel too fat for that – it’s there, I put it on and get on with it.
- I need to know what we are going to have for breakfast the night before and also all meals for the first two days of the week at least to avoid eating rubbish
- I would say the food prep is one of the key elements in making your week run smoother because if you have to keep running out to get bits and bobs you are wasting time and there is more chance you’ll sneek a treat in that you don’t really need.
- I have my diary on my PC that syncs with my phone and certain parts go on the calendar in the kitchen for all to see.
- My diary has every aspect of what I do – get up, walk dogs, train, teach, pick up Harry, etc. and it needs to be this way if I want to get everything done.
Mondays – I tend to treat Monday as the day I should be my most productive so my day is busy – I teach the most classes and also have my own training. I don’t like Monday to drag, I think that’s when we start to think oh dear what a rubbish start to the week. If you are busy (and genuinely busy) the day flies by and you reach the amazing Tuesday which feels ten times better than Monday.
I try to make Tuesday a lighter day from the work load point of view so if I need to catch up on home stuff there is an opportunity to do so.
Really life should be about making everything as easy as possible. The easier it is, the more you’ll enjoy it and the more productive you will become.
How do you tackle the new week?
What’s your motivation?
I also have a focus so this week’s is me getting on top of my food prep and tracking the food I eat as I am looking to see greater performance in my sporting activites, maybe weight loss, I don’t know because it isn’t really about that, more about fat loss which is a measurable statistic in all honesty.
Let me know what your focus is and if you are interested in joining our free weightloss/fatloss group get in touch. It is really an accountability group where I am there if you need me and put out some weekly advice/suggestions.
Have a great week – Mondays are not really that bad!